Monday, March 8, 2010

I have an appointment for J&J with a doctor from Overland Park who comes to Hays once a week. I've kind of put off looking for a local endo. For us local means three hours to Denver. Hays is only an hour and a half.
Dr. Watson is a DO (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine) and I've heard that he is very good with hormones. I figured it's worth a shot to see if he can keep an eye on things for the kids.
When I called for an appointment I explained their situation (Cushing's, BLA, etc) just to get an idea if he would even want to take them on. When I got a call back the next day the gal told me that he thought it sounded interesting and he was up for a challenge. We got reqs in the mail for blood work before the appointment which isn't until April. The good thing is that it's the same day I go to Hays to see my GI.
My Guess is that if he is good with hormones he'll probably be fine for us.
Tonight we started our walking for Walk Kansas. Jess & I and all the female Klipperts make up our team - The K's. Jess named us. The idea is for the team to put in enough miles in 8 weeks to make it across Kansas.
I haven't walked in a long time. I don't know why, I've always enjoyed it. We're doing our walking at the track. I've never walked there before. I really like it. No sidewalk cracks, no cars, no curbs, just walking. The track is close to Klippert's house, so it will be easy for them to come join Jess & I. Ashley walked with us tonight.

No comments: