Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm starting to feel like I did back when we were first looking for answers to Justin's medical problems. I think the difference this time is that doctors really believe she has a problem.
Friday we thought things were getting better, she seemed to feel so good and went many hours without throwing up. But that has changed. I think at the moment they are going with the theory that severe acid reflux is causing the vomiting. But she is on massive doses of protonix (IV) and it doesn't seem to be helping all that much. Although she isn't throwing up quite as much as when she was admitted to the hospital.
Today she gets a referral to a GI. Hopefully Dr. Matchell will get to talk to Dr. Johnson. I hope he has ideas. There is talk of doing an Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP).
There are days I worry that this is what her life will always be. I feel so bad for her.
My computer is having a problem with Blogger. Sometimes it won't open blogs, including mine. I can no longer copy and paste. Annoying as I can't even copy links. Oh well

No comments: