Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I have seen this list before but tonight when I saw it posted on the Cushing’s board I thought I should include it here. I need to study it and have the kids study it also. There is so much to learn after having the adrenals removed.

This is from the UK Addison's site

How to distinguish between adrenal insufficiency symptoms related to inadequate Florinef or Cortef dosages.

How can you tell if your fludrocortisone dose is inadequate? Not always easy, because the symptoms are more subtle than the grinding headache, nausea and whole body chills of not enough hydrocortisone. In the past, people who need more fludrocortisone have typically reported at least some of the following:
1. Cold hands and feet - can also be numb because blood pressure is too low for proper circulation
2. Shaky hands
3. Feeling extra sleepy
4. Unable to get through the day without a rest
5. Feeling extra thirsty
6. Needing to pee after lying down for an hour or two
7. Muscle cramps, tics or spasms
8. Rapid or erratic pulse, perhaps with intermittent slow beats
9. Feeling dizzy when getting up out of a chair/bed
10. Sudden headache when getting up out of a chair/bed
11. Specific type of headache, eg eyebrow piercing
12. Salt, liquorice or lemon juice cravings
13. Non-specific exhaustion and despair


Symptoms typically associated with inadequate dosage of Hydrocortisone/Cortef include:
1. Headache
2. Nausea
3. Vomiting
4. Diarrhea
5. Chills
6. Extreme weakness
7. Inability to speak or slurred speech
8. Dizziness
9. Loss of appetite
10. Sudden irritability
11. Piercing lower back pain
12. Awake from sleep feeling like you can’t move
13. Abdominal pain

Bill is home. The rig’s next location is only about an hour from home. The last location was over two hours away and he stayed in Plainville. He’s only been home a couple of times for a few hours in the last month.

Last night I finally got brave and went through the whole stack of medical bills that has been laying on the table. It wasn’t quite as scary as I thought it would be. I also went through all the insurance statements. It seems odd that I can find nothing for Justin’s surgery. There are a few insurance statements that relate to the surgery. I even went through the statements online and can’t find one. I know how much it should be because it should be real close to the amount of Jess’ bill. Plus, we’ve not gotten a bill from the hospital for his surgery. Weird.

And I was right, my brother and his family didn’t leave for Florida today.

1 comment:

Hi, I'm Rene said...

I saw the same thing on the boards earlier and I printed a copy and saved a copy on the computer. Good info!