Friday, August 15, 2008


I feel like I've been a bit absent from my own life for a few weeks. I found I was getting severely depressed. Normally when that happens I immediately start to think that my Crohn's will soon be acting up. And I would be right, depression is always my first symptom, later the physical symptoms start.
Given all that is happening right now, waiting to see if the kids have a cure, Bill testing, will he stay well enough to continue working so we continue to have insurance, etc., etc., it never occurred to me that this depression was not connected to my personal life. Then some time last week I started getting sick off and on every day. Still it took several days before the lightbulb went off! My Crohn's was acting up. I'm back to taking my evening dose and things are looking better. I had asked Dr. Johnson awhile back if I could take just one dose a day as long as I still felt good. I'd been forgetting to take my evening dose so often that I knew that I could go without it quite often. He agreed, as long as I promised to start taking it again if needed.
Last Monday before I'd started to get any physical symptoms, I'd actually gone out to see Andy and asked for anti depressants. I'd tried Lexapro before with good results. So I was going to try it again. I just cannot believe that this time it never even occurred to me that there was a physical cause for my depression. Me! who always says that I think half or more of depression cases are really just a physical problem waiting to happen. So I guess I'm still right.
And now I'm behind in things I've wanted to get done.

No comments: