Sunday, August 3, 2008


I received an email from Dr. F today in response to Dr. McC's email. He says we can do an IPSS and adrenal sampling while in LA. Oh boy, Bill will love all this. He also said to continue with the Cushing's workup.
Somedays I wonder where this all will end. I still think I'm right in encouraging J&J to consider adoption. I think the odds are just way too high that they would have children with endocrine problems, whether it be Cushing's or something else. I realize an adopted child could have health problems but in our case I think the odds would be decreased.
Jess & I have talked about it and she says she can't imagine having a child with Cushing's. Just because we know what it is doesn't mean it would be any easier to diagnose. Hopefull in ten years or so there might be some improvement. But only if doctors are willing to implement them.
I'm not sure how Justin feels. He just nods his head if I bring it up!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just found your blog while researching Cushings. I was starting from the beginning to see what your families story was. I am in the process of being tested for Cushings, at my urging, after feeling terrible for over 4 years.

I am also a newly adoptive Mom of two babies from Vietnam. I read this post about you encouraging adoption and thought I would chime in. The adoption of my two youngest children is the best thing that we have ever done. I had lots of doubts and worries during the process but it turned out to be the greatest gift for all of us. I could not love these two children anymore then I do. They bring sunlight to every day. I have truly been blessed to have been given the opportunity to parent these two special little people. I forget on a daily basis that I did not birth them and feel the same love for them as my bio kids. Adoption was a first choice for us when we decide to have more children and I hope to do it again in the future. It has been the most rewarding experience.You can read about it on my adoption blog above if you would like.

Best of luck to you and your family,
Heather

judycolby said...

Heather, I'm glad you found my blog. Not sure how helpful it is except to show all my frustration!!
Feel free to email me if you want - jkennedy265@hotmail.com
Also there is a great website, if you haven't already found it. Click on the link for Cushing's at the top of my page.