Sunday, March 29, 2009

Once you consume chocolate, chocolate will consume you. - Anonymous
Sat/Sun
March 28/29


That quote seems pretty apt for me. Although once I went into menopause (did I say that publicly?!) I don't eat near as much chocolate as I used to. I literally spent a week of each month thinking of chocolate. At work, I'd imagine the candy counter down the street at the drugstore and across the alley at the hardware store. If I did give in I'd usually buy several candy bars or a box of chocolates (that way it'd last a couple of days) or a big bag of M&Ms. Now, if the chocolate is there, I'm willing to eat it but I don't spend a week at a time with a craving.
Now, all this talk of chocolate has me wanting some brownies. Not craving just wanting. Better go check the cupboard and see if I have all the ingredients. I haven't baked much in the last few years.

Okay, now the brownies are in the oven. Actually I think the best part of brownies is licking the bowl. I love that batter.
I've been looking at quilt patterns today trying to decide what to do with my "almost" jelly roll. I just can't decide, but I have found a couple I really like. These strips, instead of being 2 1/2" are right at 3". But I can't decide whether to leave then that size and the quilt will go faster, or cut them to 1 1/2"? I know I won't cut them down to 2 1/2", that would just seem like a waste of 1/2". And I'm not sure what I could do with those strips. They'd be too small to use for sashing.
So what I'm really doing is trying to keep my mind occupied so I don't keep thinking about getting surgery dates this week.

No comments: