Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sachertorte, a dense chocolate cake invented by Franz Sacher in 1832, has a thin layer of apricot jam in the middle and dark chocolate icing with shreds of chocolate on the outside.
Tuesday
March 17

I did some more quilt blocks before work this morning. I must be on a roll.

I've been thinking about what to do with this scrap bag. Jess & I each bought one for $10 (!) at the Quilt Cabin awhile back. It's very similar to a "jellyroll" except most of these pieces have the selvage still on. Most of them are about 3" instead of 2 1/2. But I figure for the price these were, I can do some trimming.

I just love these colors. I think they look "happy." My boss brought a book by the store the other day for us to look at. I can't remember the name but it's quilts made from jellyrolls. I need to check it out.

Well, all day I've been waiting for this day to get over. I have an appointment here soon that makes me a little nervous. I just want the day over so I know how it turns out! I don't usually spend the whole day at work just waiting for the day to be over. Well, I worked too, but was still waiting.

Jess will be home in a few hours. I hope today was a better day for her.

I wish I could figure out why sometimes when I'm writing a post, my paragraphs are double spaced and other times they aren't.

May post again later if the appointment yields anything worthy of sharing.


No comments: