Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Remember, this is a question answered by
six-year-olds, people who eat chocolate covered cereal.
- Jeff Foxworthy from
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Tuesday
March 10

So far keto seems to agree with Jess, although it's been less than 24 hours since the first dose. Still it's looking good.
I took Justin his keto and hydro after work today. Hope his goes as good.
Well, I got up my nerve today and contacted Dr. Chiang's office. I need to copy all medical records and send to them. That should take some time and ink to get through! I was hoping they'd only need the labs since their recurrence. But no, we have to go back to the beginning of their testing.
I don't know why calls like that put me in such a tizzy. From the very beginning of this journey, I have dreaded these kind of calls. Just thinking of making the call puts me close to tears and I feel completely immobile. When the call is over, even if it was a "good" call, I feel like I can't breath and want to throw up. How long I stay this way is in proportion to how "important" the appointment is. While all the appointments are important, some are more so. No problem calling to tell the lab we'll be there for a midnight draw. But they don't have quite the same impact as MRIs, surgical procedures (IPSS & AVS) and the actual surgery. You'd think I'd done this enough that it would be old hat by now. But it almost seems to get worse the longer this all drags on.
Probably the biggest obstacle at this time will be getting Dr. F to send the referral to Dr. C. I wish now that I'd never let him convince me that we'd reconsider a second pit surgery for J&J before we made our final decision on which type of surgery they'd have.
My sister called this afternoon and said Dad came through his procedure just fine.
Off to email Dr. F.

No comments: