Saturday, December 27, 2008

This time next week we will be into a new year. I think we'll be going in still waiting for answers. Waiting for results of IPSS and AVS for Bill. Waiting for Dr. McC to have time to read the kids 6 month MRIs. I don't know whether to hope he sees tumors or not. If he sees tumors, he might be willing to do a second pit surgery. If he doesn't see tumors maybe Dr. F would be willing to consider BLA for J&J. I keep playing with this idea as I think even if they have a second pit surgery they will still eventually end up with a BLA. But by the time that needs to happen there may be no insurance - oil field is not doing well at the moment and Bill is getting sicker. I think between those two there is good reason to think we could be without insurance at some point soon. I would like to have all three get to surgery before that happens. Which means the kids need surgery before Bill or real soon after. Guess it's not my decision, we'll see how it plays out.
Went to the farm and took Dad to lunch today. Although he doesn't say it, I think he's disappointed each day when he wakes up and finds he's still in this world. I think he feels he's ready to "go home."
It's cold again today but not as cold as most of the week has been. Yesterday was crazy, it felt like spring. When I got up around 4:30 to do papers it was 42 degrees! Unheard of in December. Probably the temp wouldn't bother me too much except it seems twice as cold early in the morning doing papers.

No comments: