Friday, January 9, 2009

End of the week - still no answers.
Jess is home from the b-ball tournament. They lost both of their games today.
I'm starting to do the bookkeeping at work. It's been done sort of haphazardly the last few years. I take care of our finances and it's pretty simple - if it's not medically related, don't spend what you don't have. But I've never kept actual books.
We use QuickBooks at work. My boss decided that we would just set up a new account and start over, of course carrying over balances. But that's part of the problem. There is nothing in the "vendors" section to carry over. There are loans that have been paid off for years that are still on the books. There are accounts that I know we owe something on, that show nothing.
So I'm building it from the base up. By the time I'm done building it I should understand how it all works. I've always help with our charge customers but was even having a bit of a hard time with setting that up. It took me awhile to figure out how to get it to add tax.
Actually, I'm not sure if it's ever been set up to use all the features possible. But I intend to get it figured out. It seems a little intimidating at the moment. But I know that it will make things much easier in the long run.
Maybe I ought to try this for our family and also for our rental house, which loses money every month!

No comments: