Monday, January 5, 2009


I just finished reading 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper . It's a very good book.

Don was killed in a car accident and was "prayed" back to life about 90 minutes later. He has had numerous surgeries and still lives with a lot of pain. At times he has questioned why God let him live if he is in constant pain.

In the book he shares moments when he has helped people only because of the severe pain he has lived through.

It's a very inspirational book. Really makes you sit back and take stock of your own life. When you remember that this life is very short compared to eternity in heaven, it puts things in perspective. I need to remember that perspective.

If you read no other book this year, I truly recommend this one. It's the only book that I have read with my (former) usual speed of just a few days. It seems the longer everyone is sick the longer it takes me to read a book!

No comments: