Monday, May 18, 2009

Chocolate stain removal: Rinse stain with cold water. Rub in liquid detergent: let sit for five minutes. Soak for ten minutes in cold water and rub every three to five minutes. Rinse thoroughly.
Monday
May 18

The few days we've been home since J&J's surgeries seem kind of strange. It's as if I've walked back into my life after being absent for a very long time. I don't quite know where I fit or what I should be doing. Well, I guess it's pretty obvious what I should be doing at home - cleaning house. I must of been half blind! If I think about cleaning the house as a whole, it's way to daunting. So I'm just starting to do a little here and there and it'll get done. It'd be easier if Bill didn't sleep days. With Cushing's, his sleep isn't the best and I hate to make too much noise and wake him up. So I don't get a lot of cleaning done while he's home.
Today, I was half way through the workday when I realized I had never taken my cell phone out of my purse. I would never of done that before surgery. I always wanted the phone with me in case I got a call from a doctor's office. As I was working, I felt really strange - it occurred to me today how much time I have spent thinking of things related to Cushing's. I would run scenarios through my mind in regard to setting up appointments, the appointments themselves, what would happen if the appointment went this way, or if it went that way. I think I was totally consumed by Cushing's. Today was so different. I could keep my mind on what I was doing, I didn't have to check and double check what I had just done.
Yesterday at Dad's birthday party, no one (meaning my sisters) would ask me to do anything. They just let me wander around and take pictures. I thought about going to help a few times, but was pretty sure they would tell me to just take it easy. So I just decided I'd do that. I felt a little guilty, but not much. They were probably afraid they'd send me over the edge!
Jess came down to the store for a little bit today. Think she just wanted to get out of the house.
So starts our first week home without Cushing's, at least for the kids.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Rene said...

A semi-normal life would be nice for a change!

judycolby said...

If we only figure out how to do that! Less than two months for you now, right?