Friday, May 29, 2009

To make chocolate shavings, warm the smooth back surface of a chocolate bar by stroking it with your palm, then scrape the blade of a paring knife across it at a 45-degree angle.
Friday
May 29

Jess is still having some trouble. We're working on some doses to see how she does with higher hydro. Tomorrow we're trying a different kind of anti nausea meds. I told her it was a lot like being pregnant!
We're not taking Dad to lunch tomorrow. I know Jess isn't up to it and I'm not ready to leave her home alone for that long when I'm not close to home. I work just four blocks from the house, so I don't see that as a problem.
I have a phone appointment with Dr. F Sunday night. Wonder what he'll have to say. He requested the appointment after getting the report from Dr. Chiang.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Rene said...

I am dying to hear what he has to say! Keep us posted, please.

Gracie said...

I hope he increases the hydro for her. Dr. Holmes has me on 50 mg a day, for now. I'll wean in a week or so. I've not had any problems, yet, with nausea. My appetite has been great. I've gained 15 lbs. LOL! Not what we want, but I don't care at this moment in time! I'll get there eventually. I know the weight will drop. Is Jess dosing her meds 2 or 3 times a day? I take mine at 5 am, 11 am, and 5 pm. I'm switching it up a bit now, and going to 5 am, 10:30 am, and 4 pm. That will give me a good schedule for the way my days run on Sundays. Then, I will be consistent all week long! Since I'm still at 50 mg, I do it 20/20/10, right now. When I go down 10, I'll probably do 20/15/5. Amanda has had a lot of nausea, and still can't eat solids. I think it's because she was a lot higher than me before surgery. She started on the same dose as me, post op. She was on 1200 mg. of Keto before surgery, and I was only on 200 mg. Big difference! I hope Jess is feeling better soon! Hugs for all of you!