Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hell hath no fury like a woman who has sworn off fudge and chocolate.
Sat/Sun
May 30/31

I'm once again waiting for a phone appointment with Dr. F. I'm not nervous this time. Actually, I'm not expecting much out of the appointment. I have a feeling he also has no idea why Jess continues to vomit. But it would be great if he did. Jess and I will both be talking with him. I think there are questions that only she can answer.
Jess has an appointment with Dr. Matchell a week from tomorrow. I don't suppose he will have answers either unless he's thought of something since she was in the hospital. This Wednesday she has an appointment with Dr. Matt. I think we may be holding out more hope from him than from anyone else. His treatments have helped with her gall bladder pain. I took treatments from him for awhile when my meds for Crohn's didn't seem to be working as well as they had previously, and things improved. I've know that some people seem to think this kind of chiropractor is just a quack, I think different. He has helped a lot of people in our family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. F says to up her Florinef and see if that helps with the vomiting. And they both need to get labs done and a UFC. I also need to call the hospital and get J&J's records from their surgeries. Need all Jess' labs from her hospital stay here. Need to fax the path report to Dr. F.
I have no idea what it means but Jess ate half an orange more than an hour ago and so far it's stayed down. She's trying an anti-nausea patch. While it doesn't keep her from vomiting she is not doing it as much. Maybe that's helping with the orange.
She said tonight that she doesn't think about having had a BLA about a month ago, she thinks about it being almost a month since she ate food. I told her I think the same thing, but I think of Justin as having had surgery a month ago.

2 comments:

Hi, I'm Rene said...

I sure hope it helps to increase the florinef.How much of an increase does he suggest? Is she losing weight? I know it's not much consolation when you feel awful, but it would be something at least. What dose of hydro does he want her on?

judycolby said...

Instead of one .1 pill he wants her to take two .1 pills. Right now she is taking 40 mg in the a.m. and 5 mg about 2 and another 5-10 mg later in the evening.
I really wish I could take this away for her.