Sunday, February 15, 2009

The chocolate thought for today is from the weeks I missed before Jess got me the calendar.

The botanical name of the chocolate plant is Theobroma cacao, which means "food of the gods."
Friday
January 2
Jess went to Goodland with the youth group today, to see the movie "Fireproof." One of the churches there is showing the movie and invited other groups to view it with them. She was pretty tired today after the Midnight Ramble last night. I'm not sure what time she'll be home. It seems a little weird to not have to take her to and pick her back up from her activities.
I'm very proud of myself. Today I finished February's block and I only got it yesterday! I also started putting together a lot of half square triangles left over from various projects. I intend to put them together in a very scrappy quilt. It'll be a work in progress for a long time as I need a lot more scrap triangles. No new fabric in this quilt top.
Below is the block and setting that I finished today. It looks a little off but that's because I have a hard time getting the pictures exactly square.

I just talked to my sister. She is about to have another grandchild. Her daughter, Tanya is having a c-section right now. Chad is supposed to email photos. I hope he doesn't take too long!

Hopefully by the end of this week I'll have results from all of the tests we still have out. I emailed Lynne several days ago and told her when I thought we'd have all our test results back and she could. She and Dr. F had both emailed and suggested we move it up from March 22. I did want to wait until I knew there would at least be some test results back. I've also paid for the appointment and sent the receipt to Lynne. So I'll see what response I get.

1 comment:

Callie Proffitt Christiansen said...

I know for sure that I have Cushings syndrome, they just don't think it's being agrivated by a tumor on my petuitary gland right now. I was diagnosed by a reproductive endocrinologist name Dr. Randal Craig. He is actually very well know and the only doctor who could tell me what was wrong with me.