Wednesday, April 15, 2009

If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage? - Marquise de Sevigne
Wednesday
April 15


I saw the eye doctor today. He said the eye looks great.
The kids' surgery is three weeks from today. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I don't think the surgery worries me much, it's afterwards. Regulating the replacements and finding the right dose for each. I think there really is no reason to try to explain to a lot of people (even though they ask) the reason they have to take replacements. Several times I've heard "I have to take hormone replacements and really, it's easy, not bad at all." I feel like I'm trying to one up them if I then explain exactly what can happen if their dose isn't right and they get sick or an infection or something. I'm guessing that most times if a hormone replacement dose isn't quite right, they don't run the risk of death.
Really, I don't obsess about this. If it was me having my adrenals removed I'd feel better about it. But it's not, it's my kids and I worry. I'll have to try not to be overbearing. And of course I've read that certain meds aren't good for people who have no adrenals. So now I have a whole new set of things to learn and to teach to the kids.
I'm thinking if you or a loved one has Cushing's, there is always something new to learn.
If the wind doesn't stop blowing soon I might go crazy! Seems like it's been blowing for several weeks now.
Unemployment update. Bill got a letter today that said he was eligible for unemployment. But when he tried to log in on Sunday to file for last week he was locked out of the account. Not really sure what he does now. You're supposed to file on Sunday or Monday for the previous week. Well, that didn't work. Neither of us has ever dealt with anything like this before. If there was no work, there was no money. But it's different this time, we have surgeries (with travel) coming up. Bill will be having surgery (sometime) and will be off work for quite awhile, so it would of been good to have had full time work leading up to that time. But it always worked out.

No comments: